Date: 4/5/17 8:55 am
From: Bryn Martin <brynmartin...>
Subject: [birders] Upcoming Washtenaw Audubon field trips
Please join us this upcoming weekend for one (or both!) of our scheduled field trips:
Arb Early Migrants: Saturday, April 8, 2017
Early springtime walks through the Arb are productive for Yellow-bellied sapsuckers, White-throated sparrows, Winter wrens, Fox sparrows, Ruby- and Golden-crowned kinglets, and Brown creepers. These early birds are joined bythe first warblers -- Yellow-rumped, Pine, Palm, and Orange-crowned. Maybe a Blue-headed vireo will join them. We will wander the Arb's meandering gravel and dirt paths in search of early spring migrants. We will meet at the Riverview entrance to the Arb at 8 AM sharp. Dress appropriately for the weather including coat, gloves, scarf, hat, and sensible footwear. No strollers, dogs, or wagons please. Walk should end between 10:30 and 11 AM.Leader: Karen Markey
In Search of Salamanders: Sunday, April 09, 2017
Join leader Edwin Sanchez at Hudson Mills Metropark. Eddie is an expert on these amphibians and this will be a fun morning turning over rocks and logs to locate some of the six species known to reside in the park. Meet at the parking lot for the River Grove Shelter area located within the park (turn right after the entry kiosk, then your next left into the lot). Expect muddy grounds. In case we end up handling any salamanders, please do not use any soaps, creams, or detergents on your hands for this morning. This fun, hands-on field trip is perfect for little ones, as well. (10 AM to 1 PM) This field trip is free of charge, but a MetroParks Pass is required for admission to the park.

Setting options from the command line is explained in the User Guide:

https://glc-lists.merit.edu/sympa/help/user User Guide
https://glc-lists.merit.edu/sympa/help/faquser FAQ

To search the archive and view jpeg images:
https://glc-lists.merit.edu/sympa/arc/birders

birders is hosted by the Great Lakes Information Network (GLIN):

http://www.glin.net

All views and opinions presented above are solely those
of the author or attributed source and do not necessarily
reflect those of GLIN or the Great Lakes Commission.