Date: 4/5/17 7:34 am
From: Jerald Reb <jrebelboy...>
Subject: Re: rose-breasted grosbeak question
Rob and Sandra,

Actually there have been several reports of both male and female Grosbeaks recently in Anne Arundel County, Maryland. These reports are all from a reputable birder, though I'm not sure if they've been confirmed on ebird yet. They are certainly early, but it's entirely possible that a few have shown up already. Also, like Rob said, there's virtually nothing that could be confused with a male Grosbeak (the only bird that springs to mind is Eastern Towhee, and even that's a bit of a stretch).

Jerald
Delaware

Sent from my iPhone

> On Apr 5, 2017, at 10:17 AM, Rob Blye <rwblye...> wrote:
>
> The only, and northern-most, recent (within 30 days of today) report of
> rose-breasted grosbeak on eBird was in *Gainesville FL* in late March.
> Unlikely that the birds were wild rose-breasted grosbeaks. On the other
> hand, what winter/spring bird could you confuse with a male RBGR?
>
> *Rob*
>
> Robert W. Blye
> 34603 Doe Run
> Lewes DE 19958-3332
> 302 945-8618
> 610 213-2413 mobile
>
>> On Wed, Apr 5, 2017 at 9:59 AM, Sandra Goodwin <chickadd...> wrote:
>>
>> I had 2 male r-b grosbeaks reported to our sightings list this week. They
>> were supposedly seen in upper Luzerne County.
>>
>> Has anyone in PA seen this bird yet? It just seems early for them to
>> appear?
>>
>> Thanks.
>>
>> Sandy Goodwin
>> Wyoming Co.