Date: 4/4/17 5:38 pm
Subject: [birders] Mute swan stealing fish
Today I saw a mute swan on my cove off Lake St. Clair chase down a pied billed grebe, which was carrying and trying to swallow a good-sized fish it had caught, until it dropped it. The swan then ate the fish; afterward continuing to follow the other PB grebes until it realized they didn't have anything. I didn't know swans ate fish. Slim pickings under water, I guess.
Penny S.

Setting options from the command line is explained in the User Guide:

https://glc-lists.merit.edu/sympa/help/user User Guide
https://glc-lists.merit.edu/sympa/help/faquser FAQ

To search the archive and view jpeg images:
https://glc-lists.merit.edu/sympa/arc/birders

birders is hosted by the Great Lakes Information Network (GLIN):

http://www.glin.net

All views and opinions presented above are solely those
of the author or attributed source and do not necessarily
reflect those of GLIN or the Great Lakes Commission.