Date: 4/3/17 5:31 pm
From: Hawkcount.Org Reports <reports...>
Subject: Allegheny Front (03 Apr 2017) 114 Raptors

UF 1 1 1
UE 0 0 0
UR 3 3 11

Total: 114 119 462

Observation start time: 08:00:00
Observation end time: 16:30:00
Total observation time: 8.5 hours

Official Counter: Deb Bodenschatz

Observers: Bob Stewart, Ed Gowarty, Jim Rocco, Nancy Ott

Visitors:
Bob Stewart, Ed Gowarty, Dave Poder, Jim Rocco, Nancy Ott

Weather:
Mostly cloudy with moderately strong SE wind (10-23 mph). Temperatures
ranged from 7.4 C to 15 C.

Raptor Observations:
The raptors were fairly low but as the day progressed the birds were flying
higher and higher. We had 3 Bald Eagles (all immature) at 10.16, 1:23 and
2:59. We also had 4 Golden Eagles (3 adults and 1 Juvenile) at 10:06,
11:32, 12:02 and 2:47. At 4:00 we had an adult Bald Eagle flying South.
We also had a couple Coopers Hawks and Red-tailed Hawks that were likely
local. A surprising number of the raptors (including eagles) and Turkey
Vultures were missing feathers.

Non-raptor Observations:
Barred owl (in woods along Watch lane) 1, Flicker 1, Pileated Woodpecker 1,
Mourning Dove 2, Cardinal 1, Raven 7, Crow 13, Turkey Vulture 13, Cormorant
2, Loon 1, Tree Swallow 1, Chickadee 2, Tufted Titmouse 3

Predictions:
Rain expected all day with SW wind at 13-24 mph and Temperatures to reach
13 C.
Report submitted by Deb Bodenschatz (<debbiebodenschatz...>)

Join us on Facebook!