Date: 4/3/17 3:01 pm
From: Stuart Sparkman <jacamar29...>
Subject: [ia-bird] Towhee
Hey I-Birders,

Showers deterred everyone but me off the path along the Des Moines River
this afternoon, and the birds were extremely active. Both RUBY-CROWNED and
GOLDEN-CROWNED KINGLETS were present, and AMERICAN TREE SPARROW and a
couple of FOX SPARROWS augmented the dozens of SONG SPARROWS present. A
pleasant surprise as I neared my car was a flash of white which proved to
be an EASTERN TOWHEE in the underbrush. A WHITE-THROATED SPARROW was in
the back yard with the many juncos, and an EASTERN BLUEBIRD alit near the
feeder, brightening a dreary day with his brilliant plumage.

Happy spring and good birding,

Stuart Sparkmn
NW Des Moines