Date: 4/2/17 6:41 pm
From: Rodger Rang <rrang...>
Subject: [IN-BIRD-L] SW Allen-- April 2, 2017 PM
After work, I checked the Homestead Road loop and netted a couple of annuals.
West side of Homestead, north of Branning-- Lesser Yellowlegs (6) and Bonaparte's Gull (10+ with a flock of Ring-billeds)
West side of Homestead south of Branning-- Greater Yellowlegs (1; my FOS)
West side of Amber Road south of the railroad-- Pectoral Sandpiper (60+) and Vesper Sparrow (1 singing; my FOS)

After supper, I checked Engle Road and the north boundary of Eagle Marsh before meeting Stockbridge Audubon at the Boy Scout lot, picking up low numbers of dabblers and divers, but also Great Egret (4; my FOS).

After the Stockbridge hike, several of us re-visited the area where a bittern had been reported.  We missed it, but added for the evening four American Woodcock and our first Sora of the year, the latter two days shy of the record-early date of March 31.

Rodger RangFort Wayne

Join us on Facebook!