Date: 4/2/17 4:10 pm
From: <cathie.murray...>
Subject: [Maine-birds] Re: American woodcock...timberdoodle
They are amazing! We had a woodcock a half hour after sunset on Saturday
4/1 on Central Street in Hallowell as the snow finally stopped. It seemed
to be seeking refuge in the bare ground (hopefully thawed ground) under a
small grove of large Norway spruces at the corner of Warren and Central.
Not a likely stop for breeding but hope it provided a safe harbor for the
night.