Date: 4/2/17 12:43 pm
From: Matt Kalwasinski <in-bird-l...>
Subject: [IN-BIRD-L] 4/2/17- Lake County sites
Thismorning, I checked a few Lake County sites. Highlights include a WWSC in theGrand Calumet River, 2 different occupied RTHA nests, and 2 owlets in the GHOWnest in Gary.  I also included a list fromyesterday when I checked the Indiana waters from Calumet Park where I found 2Common Loons and single WWSC. Below are my lists.

MattKalwasinski

Calumet Tern Site (IDNR) (view fromSeidner Dune and Swale), Lake, Indiana, US

Apr 2, 20179:42 AM - 10:03 AM

CanadaGoose  1

MuteSwan  6

NorthernShoveler  2

Double-crestedCormorant  1

BaldEagle  1

Killdeer 1

Ring-billedGull  6

HerringGull  2

CaspianTern  4

AmericanTree Sparrow  4

SongSparrow  2

Seidner Dune and Swale (SHLT), Lake,Indiana, US

Apr 2, 201710:04 AM - 10:56 AM

Canada Goose 2 – one appeared to be on a nest

Mallard 3

White-wingedScoter  1

CommonMerganser  3

Red-breastedMerganser  10

Pied-billedGrebe  2

Double-crestedCormorant  6

Great BlueHeron  1

TurkeyVulture  7

Killdeer 2

Ring-billedGull  4

Rock Pigeon(Feral Pigeon)  2

MourningDove  1

BeltedKingfisher  1

DownyWoodpecker  4

NorthernFlicker  1

TreeSwallow  3

EasternBluebird  1

AmericanRobin  10

EuropeanStarling  11

AmericanTree Sparrow  3

FieldSparrow  2

FoxSparrow  2

Dark-eyedJunco  1

SongSparrow  6

SwampSparrow  1

NorthernCardinal  1

Red-wingedBlackbird  7

EasternMeadowlark  1

CommonGrackle  8

US-IN-East Chicago-5300 Kennedy Ave -41.6162x-87.4672, Lake, Indiana, US

Apr 2, 201710:56 AM

Red-tailedHawk  2    One in a nest; one nearby

Chase Street Wetland, Lake, Indiana, US

Apr 2, 201711:10 AM - 11:30 AM

Comments:   Only checked a small portion of the area.

CanadaGoose  4

Mallard 2

GreatEgret  1

TurkeyVulture  1

Red-tailedHawk  1 – sitting in a nest

MourningDove  1

Great HornedOwl  3  -  Adult  with two juveniles

EasternPhoebe  1

TreeSwallow  3

Black-cappedChickadee  1

EuropeanStarling  4

SongSparrow  2

Red-wingedBlackbird  3

Brown-headedCowbird  1

Calumet Harbor (Indiana waters start 100feet off Calumet Park and 1700 feet off Steelworkers Park), Lake, Indiana, US

Apr 1, 20173:30 PM - 3:46 PM

White-wingedScoter  1

CommonGoldeneye  2

Red-breastedMerganser  37