Date: 4/2/17 11:20 am
From: Dan Smith <dan...>
Subject: [texbirds] Re: Today at Hornsby Bend Austin, Tx
I believe David’s guidelines for the forum is that we should spell out the name at first mention in a post and then it’s OK to use the acronym. I think that is a reasonable guideline.

Dan Smith
<dan...> <mailto:<dan...>
512-451-2632
http://www.wordsmithofaustin.com <http://www.wordsmithofaustin.com/>

"Merchants have no country. The mere spot they stand on does not constitute so strong an attachment as that from which they draw their gains.” Thomas Jefferson, 1814.

> On Apr 2, 2017, at 11:07 AM, Sebastian C <sc11birds...> wrote:
>
> Sorry, I'm so use to writing the four letter codes.
> CAEG-Cattle Egret
> BNST-Black-necked Stilt
> SPSA- Spotted Sandpiper
> BASA- Baird's Sandpiper
> LBDO- Long-billed Dowitcher
>
> This was on April 1 not on April 2. I guess my email didn't finally post
> until this morning.
>
> Happy Birding,
> Sebastian Casarez
> Hutto, TX
>

> On Apr 2, 2017 10:20 AM, "Laura Baker" <lolabe11...> wrote:
>
>> I wish we could spell out the bird names :(
>>
>>> On Apr 1, 2017, at 11:33 PM, Sebastian C <sc11birds...> wrote:
>>>
>>> Hello fellow Texbirders,
>>> Today I birded around the ponds at Hornsby Bend in the early afternoon.
>> And
>>> I was surprised when I found a flock of 22 LBDO foraging at Pond 1 West.
>>> also got FOS birds for the year such as a flock of CAEG, a SPSA, 4 BNST,
>> 5
>>> BASA, and a flock of LBDO. I took photos of the LBDO and submitted them
>>> my eBird checklist.
>>>
>>> Happy Birding,
>>> Sebastian Casarez
>>> Hutto,TX
>>>

>>> Edit your Freelists account settings for TEXBIRDS at
>>> http://www.freelists.org/list/texbirds
>>>
>>> Reposting of traffic from TEXBIRDS is prohibited without seeking
>> permission
>>> from the List Owner
>>>

>> Edit your Freelists account settings for TEXBIRDS at
>> http://www.freelists.org/list/texbirds
>>
>> Reposting of traffic from TEXBIRDS is prohibited without seeking permission
>> from the List Owner

> from the List Owner

http://www.freelists.org/list/texbirds

from the List Owner