Date: 4/2/17 3:47 am
From: Deapesh Misra via va-bird <va-bird...>
Subject: [Va-bird] Prince William and Fairfax Co morning
blockquote, div.yahoo_quoted { margin-left: 0 !important; border-left:1px #715FFA solid !important; padding-left:1ex !important; background-color:white !important; } Hi Marc,
How does one get into Breckinridge road? I drove here today but then saw the "no trespassing" sign right at the entrance to the road from Joplin road.
And then there was a big sign of military police search which made me feel I was in a wrong place.

Thanks,
- Deapesh.

On Saturday, April 1, 2017, 7:49 PM, Marc Ribaudo <moribaudo...> wrote:

I visited Breckenridge Rd and the Lorton equestrian center with Kurt Gaskill this morning.  I was at Breckenridge at about 6am, and all was quiet until 6:20 when a whip-poor-will and woodcock called at the same time.  As the sky lightened we were treated to a second whip, a host of pine warblers, red-breasted nuthatches, golden-crowned kinglets, a gnatcatcher, hermit thrush, sapsucker, and phoebe.  We then went to Lorton, enjoying a great egret that flew over 95. Shortly after we arrived a tight flock of 44 Bonaparte's gulls flew over, heading NW.  Some had full hoods.  Shortly afterwards two smaller flocks flew by.  Total count was 64.  Other highlights were a snipe, 18 white-crowned sparrows, fox and chipping sparrows, 2 jousting Cooper's hawks a (a breeding pair?) and northern rough-winged swallow.

Marc Ribaudo

Sent from my Verizon Wireless 4G LTE Droid
*** You are subscribed to va-bird as <deapesh...> If you wish to unsubscribe, or modify your preferences please visit http://mailman.listserve.com/listmanager/listinfo/va-bird ***