Date: 4/1/17 7:18 pm
From: <dmarc-noreply...> (Redacted sender tjeske233 for DMARC)
Subject: [obol] Summer Lake Birds
Went to Summer Lake with grandfather for about 6 hours today thought I would give highlights and best birds.
Many FOY for me including CLIFF SWALLOWS, YELLOW HEADED BLACKBIRD and CINNAMON TEAL.

Packed with waterfowl as usual, a lot of different species notable ones include two TRUMPETER SWANS along THOUSAND SPRINGS ROAD with tag number 13 and 14 and the next pond over had AMERICAN WHITE PELICAN and 3 TUNDRA SWANS. Note that I was not able to locate any snow geese and did search since this past week has had over 1000 reported so either they've gone or there hiding somewhere.

Only 3 species of shorebirds all at WINDBREAK CAMPGROUND, Including at least 42 AMERICAN AVOCET 4 KILLDEER and 1 LONG-BILLED CURLEW. I did search for nearly an hour at windbreak looking for the marbled Godwit that was reported, but was unable to find it.

Raptors included plenty of TURKEY VULTURES, RED TAILS, HARRIERS, and a BALD EAGLE.

Counted 33 SANDHILL CRANES throughout the area. Note did not find any herons or egrets.

Also at Ana River Resivor there was a male RING NECKED PHEASENT walking along beach isn't sure if that is something unusually in this region since they don't plant them any more as far as I know.
I will post on ebird probably tommorrow.
Good Birding
Tye Jeske
POST: Send your post to <obol...>
Contact moderator: <obol-moderators...>