Date: 4/1/17 3:11 pm
From: Richard Neubig <Richard.Neubig...>
Subject: [birders] Barton/Gallup Loons and H Grebe
At Barton this afternoon there were three loons and a breeding plumage horned grebe out in the middle of the pond.

Later at Gallup there was another breeding plumage horned grebe. Very close to the parking lot at the end of the road. I saw it up close but then it dove and didn't reappear that I saw til 10 minutes later a bit farther out but still great looks.

--
Richard Neubig, MD, PhD
Professor and Chair

Web: http://msu.edu/~rneubig<http://msu.edu/~rneubigE-mail>
E-mail<http://msu.edu/~rneubigE-mail>: <RNeubig...><mailto:<RNeubig...>
Ph: 517-353-7145
Fax: 517-353-8915

Progress is made by young scientists who carry out experiments that old scientists said wouldn't work. - Frank Westheimer

Date: April 1, 2017 at 12:56:26 PM EDT
To: "<birders...><mailto:<birders...>" <birders...><mailto:<birders...>>
Subject: Ford Lk RB Merg, Loon and H Grebe
All,

Ford Lake was full of Red-breasted Mergansers this AM. I counted 117, by far the most I have ever seen in Washtenaw Cty. You can see them with a scope from North Bay Park or the overlook off of Grove rd on the other side of the lake.

There were 9 loons a nd some horned grebes off of Loon Feather Point Park on Ford Lk. The grebe popped up right next to me, never been that close before.

Setting options from the command line is explained in the User Guide:

https://glc-lists.merit.edu/sympa/help/user User Guide
https://glc-lists.merit.edu/sympa/help/faquser FAQ

To search the archive and view jpeg images:
https://glc-lists.merit.edu/sympa/arc/birders<https://%20%20glc-lists.merit.edu/sympa/arc/birders>

birders is hosted by the Great Lakes Information Network (GLIN):

http://www.glin.net

All views and opinions presented above are solely those
of the author or attributed source and do not necessarily
reflect those of GLIN or the Great Lakes Commission.