Date: 3/31/17 3:17 pm
From: Neeser <neeser...>
Subject: [birders] White-necked Heron aka Pacific Heron
I've a friend that lives in Australia. This White-necked Heron was
meandering out in the paddocks near his house, several hundred metres
from the nearest dam. Being a scientist, the friend, not the bird, I
think it's driving him crazy that he can't explain why it was
strolling around in the grass instead of frolicking in the water.

If anyone can provide an answer or at least hazard a guess, I'm sure
it would be most appreciated.

Thanks in advance.
Denise

No one can feel as helpless as the owner of a sick goldfish. Kin Hubbard

Setting options from the command line is explained in the User Guide:

https://glc-lists.merit.edu/sympa/help/user User Guide
https://glc-lists.merit.edu/sympa/help/faquser FAQ

To search the archive and view jpeg images:
https://glc-lists.merit.edu/sympa/arc/birders

birders is hosted by the Great Lakes Information Network (GLIN):

http://www.glin.net

All views and opinions presented above are solely those
of the author or attributed source and do not necessarily
reflect those of GLIN or the Great Lakes Commission.