Date: 3/30/17 6:11 pm
From: Donna Caporaso via CTBirds <ctbirds...>
Subject: Re: [CT Birds] Shovelers at Birdseye Boat Ramp Plus
Hi Paul, I'm at the Boat Ramp at least twice a day (following a banded HERG 62H that has been present since 9/2015) and the most Shovelers I have seen at one time there were 9 - 7 male, 2 female. Though some on Connecticut Birds on Facebook I believe report 15 total one day. This is the first year in a long time where more than one or two have stayed the winter. Has been great to see them.

Connecticut Birds on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/125313460911467/

Donna Caporaso
Stratford, CT

Message: 10
Date: Thu, 30 Mar 2017 20:50:50 -0400
From: Paul Desjardins <paul.desjardins2...>
To: Connecticut Ornithological Association
<ctbirds...>
Subject: [CT Birds] Stratford

This afternoon seen at Birdseye 6 Northern Shovelers. Not sure what the top count of them was this winter. On another note the best sighting at stn 43 South Windsor this morning was an Otter swimming in the Connecticut River.

Paul Desjardins
Windsor Locks