Date: 3/30/17 11:15 am
Subject: Migrants returning
To add to others' observations of migrants showing back up in the area, I
had a NORTHERN PARULA singing at Duke Forest yesterday morning, as well as
a few BLUE-GRAY GNATCATCHERS. YELLOW-THROATED WARBLERS are pretty
widespread in pine forests of central NC at this point, but we had one
singing at the Turner House garden on the NC State Campus yesterday as
well. Finally, I heard my first LOUISIANA WATERTHRUSH last week, but they
seem to be singing along every forested stream at this point. I expect
several others will be showing up soon, so this weekend should offer some
fun birding.

Paul Taillie
Orange Co. NC

Join us on Facebook!