Date: 3/30/17 1:12 pm
From: Douglas Harr <dnharr...>
Subject: Re: [ia-bird] Cinnamon Female - Ledges-Boone
Went back to Ledges again today to see if the Cinnamon was still there (it
was). There were about 7 male Blue-wings, the male Cinnamon, and a couple
of female teal. They were all farther out from the shoreline today, so not
quite as easy to look at details or get closer photos. However, the female
hanging out most often with Mr. Red this morning did appear to have a
slightly spatulate bill, 2 small crescents around the eyes, and the light
patch behind the bill did not appear to connect to any lighter color on its
chin (which it usually does on female Blue-wings). So I'd say there a 90%
chance that was a female Cinnamon. And maybe the female Blue-wing out
there thinks that guy is handsome enough to hang out with him sometimes,
too!

Doug Harr
Ogden