Date: 3/29/17 10:00 pm
From: Wink Gross <winkg...>
Subject: [obol] Pittock, NW Portland, week ending 3/29/17
Here is the summary of my morning walks from NW Seblar Terrace to the Pittock Mansion for the week 3/23 to 3/29/17. Species neither seen nor heard the previous week are in ALL CAPS.

Additional information about my walk, including an archive of weekly summaries and a checklist, may be found at http://www.hevanet.com/winkg/dogwalkpage.html <http://www.hevanet.com/winkg/dogwalkpage.html>

The sightings are also in eBird.

This was a “short” week with only 3 walks. Nasty and brutish, too.

Species # days found (peak #, date)

TURKEY VULTURE 1 (1, 3/29)
Anna’s Hummingbird 2 (1, 3/27 & 29)
Rufous Hummingbird 1 (1, 3/29)
Downy Woodpecker 1 (1, 3/29)
Northern Flicker 3 (4)
Steller's Jay 3 (3)
American Crow 3 (10, 3/28)
Black-capped Chickadee 3 (6)
Chestnut-backed Chickadee 2 (2, 3/27 & 28)
Brown Creeper 1 (1, 3/28)
Pacific Wren 3 (3)
Bewick’s Wren 1 (1, 3/28)
Golden-crowned Kinglet 1 (3, 3/28)
Ruby-crowned Kinglet 2 (1, 3/28 & 29)
American Robin 3 (9)
Varied Thrush 3 (2)
European Starling 3 (5)
Fox Sparrow 2 (3, 3/28)
Dark-eyed Junco 3 (14)
Song Sparrow 3 (10)
Spotted Towhee 3 (3)
House Finch 3 (1)

In the neighborhood but not found on dogwalk: Red-breasted Nuthatch

Misses (birds found at least 3 days during previous 2 weeks but not found this week. Of doubtful significance owing to this being a short week—-nasty and brutish, too): Red-breasted Sapsucker

Wink Gross
Portland

Join us on Facebook!