Date: 3/29/17 3:23 pm
From: Ben Cvengros <bencvengros...>
Subject: [IN-BIRD-L] eBird -- chinook mine north -- Mar 29, 2017
Highlights today were a common loon, a bobwhite covey, and a brown thrasher.

chinook mine north
Mar 29, 2017
3:00 PM
Traveling
5.00 miles
121 Minutes
All birds reported? Yes
Comments: Submitted from eBird for iOS, version 1.4.2 Build 114

20 Canada Goose
1 Trumpeter Swan
50 Gadwall
20 American Wigeon
2 Mallard
16 Blue-winged Teal
28 Northern Shoveler
1 Redhead
35 Ring-necked Duck
10 Lesser Scaup
14 Bufflehead
1 Common Goldeneye
9 Northern Bobwhite -- 1 heard calling on the west side of property. Later on, driving around on the east side, I spooked a covey of bobwhites (~8) in short grass by the road! First covey of quail I've ever seen.
1 Common Loon -- Breeding plumage. Seen preening and diving on west side of property. Pictures taken.
22 Pied-billed Grebe
6 Double-crested Cormorant
2 Great Blue Heron
2 Turkey Vulture
2 Red-shouldered Hawk
1 Red-tailed Hawk
200 American Coot
21 Killdeer
2 Greater Yellowlegs -- These were just outside of what's considered chinook in a flooded area in an Ag. field.
2 Mourning Dove
3 Northern Flicker
1 American Kestrel -- Female
1 Eastern Phoebe
2 Blue Jay
2 Horned Lark
2 Carolina Wren
50 American Robin
1 Brown Thrasher -- Singing and seen on top of a shrub
100 European Starling
5 Field Sparrow
1 Savannah Sparrow
2 Song Sparrow
2 Eastern Towhee
2 Northern Cardinal
500 Red-winged Blackbird
60 Eastern Meadowlark -- Estimated number between the ones I saw and the ones I heard only
150 Common Grackle

Number of Taxa: 41

Sent from my iPhone

Join us on Facebook!