Date: 3/29/17 5:44 am
From: Ed Maioriello <edm...>
Subject: [GABO-L] Bird Walk at Sandy Creek Park - Athens-Clarke County
Saturday, April 1, 2017 - 8:00am

The Oconee Rivers Audubon Society will be hosting a bird walk at 8am
at Sandy Creek Park. Birders of all levels are invited to attend. The
spring migrants are arriving so it should be a great walk! Folks showing
up for the walk do not have to pay the entrance fee; however, if people
stay and enjoy the park after the walk, they are asked to pay.

We will be meeting in the parking lot just to the left of entrance gate.
From there we will look for waterfowl on the lake, explore some of the
Lakeside Trail, and explore some of the open field habitat available at the
park.

Our bird walks are open to the public. We typically run 3-4 hours though
birders may leave at their convenience. Easy to moderate walking. Please
dress for the weather, wear practical shoes, bring insect repellent and
snacks/water as desired.

If you have any questions please contact Ed Maioriello at
<fieldtrip...> or 706-296-5275.

For information about Sandy Creek Park click here.
<http://athensclarkecounty.com/Facilities.aspx?page=detail&RID=17>

IMPORTANT NOTE: On occasion, field trips may have to be cancelled (bad
weather, etc.) or important details may change (for example, the original
meeting spot for a site may have to be changed if there is a trail closure
or parking problem). If you plan to attend a birdwalk, ALWAYS check
www.oconeeriversaudubon.org the night before for updates.

Ed Maioriello

Athens-Clarke County

Send regular postings to <gabo-l...>