Date: 3/28/17 9:04 pm
From: Don Gorney <in-bird-l...>
Subject: Re: [IN-BIRD-L] Loon ID
Definitely a Common. Thick neck, bulky/broad head, large bill, too much charcoal on the neck, dark charcoal neck collar are things that I noticed. Structurally, the bird just says Common to me. I think it's the difference in head/neck shape and size that I key in on right away.
Don Gorney
Indianapolis, IN
317.501.4212
dongorney AT yahoo.com