Date: 3/28/17 10:14 am
From: Sue Ewan <ewans...>
Subject: [texbirds] FW: eBird Report - Santa Ana NWR (LTC 059), Mar 28, 2017
Good afternoon birders,
What a morning for hawks! Evidently a bunch of Broad-wings and Swainson's must have roosted on the southern edge of the refuge. As we walked on the levee and tram road, we were constantly treated to these beautiful birds directly overhead. Later, we watched them beginning to kettle upwards as they gained altitude to begin the migration northward. Amazing sights!
Bird walks continue this week, leaving the Visitor's center at 8:30 am. Hawk watch always welcomes guests and spotters - daily from 8am - 1pm through April 15.
John and Sue Ewan
USFWS volunteers

Santa Ana NWR (LTC 059), Hidalgo, Texas, US Mar 28, 2017 8:30 AM - 11:13 AM
Protocol: Traveling
2.75 mile(s)
Comments: Morning bird walk
52 species