Date: 3/28/17 8:19 am
From: Mark McShane <mcshanebirder...>
Subject: [GABO-L] Good Migrations!!!
Hi All,

A spring migration theme song suddenly just came to me, and so here, in the spirit of celebration of our spring migration, and completely adapted from and inspired by The Beach Boys, it is:

Georgia Good Migrations

I-I love the colorful feathers they wear
And the way the green and gold dappled sunlight plays upon their... plumages
I hear the sound of a gentle call
On the wind that lifts their song through the air

I'm pickin' up good migrations
They're giving me excitations (Oom bop bop)
I'm pickin' up great Georgia migrations (Great migrations, oom bop bop)
They're giving me excitations (Excitations, oom bop bop)
Good, good, good, great migrations (Oom bop bop)
They're giving me excitations (Excitations, oom bop bop)
Good, good, good, great migrations (Oom bop bop)
They're giving me excitations (Excitations)

Golden-wingeds, Blue-wingeds, Ceruleaaaaaaaans
Bay-breasteds, Blackburnians, and Worm-eatings toooooooooo
Warblers, Vireos, and Thrushes at your favorite Georgia migration location (Ahh)
Open my eyes, they're somehow closer now and there
When I look in their eyes I go with them through their blossomed world

I'm pickin' up good migrations
They're giving me excitations (Oom bop bop)
I'm pickin' up great Georgia migrations (Great migrations, oom bop bop)
They're giving me excitations (Excitations, oom bop bop)
Good, good, good, great migrations (Oom bop bop)
They're giving me excitations (Excitations, oom bop bop)
Good, good, good, great migrations (Oom bop bop)
They're giving me excitations (Excitations)

(Ahh)
(Ah, my my, what elation)
I don't know where but they send me there
(Oh, my my, what a sensation)
(Oh, my my, what elation)

Gotta keep those good migrations a-happenin' with them
Gotta keep those good migrations a-happenin' with them
Gotta keep those great migrations a-happenin'

(Ahh)

Good, good, good, great Georgia migrations (Oom bop bop)
(I'm pickin' up good migrations) (Oom bop bop)
They're giving me excitations (Excitations, oom bop bop)
Good, good, good, great migrations

Na na na na na, na na na
Na na na na na, na na na (Bop bop-bop-bop-bop, bop)
Do do do do do, do do do (Bop bop-bop-bop-bop, bop)
Do do do do do, do do do (Bop bop-bop-bop-bop, bop)

---

Good Migrations All!

Mark

Mark McShane