Date: 3/27/17 12:38 pm
From: Claire Kluskens <birdlady2011...>
Subject: [Va-bird] Sparrow with pink bill, Alexandira
Today, at the animal shelter on Eisenhower Avenue, Alexandria City, there was a sparrow with a very noticeable pink beak in the little hedgerow between the parking lot and the street. Never saw the breast. The eyebrow is white, as seen in the photos, no yellow noted. Back fairly finely streaked. Legs appear to be pink in the photos. I think this is a Savannah Sparrow, but I would appreciate the thoughts of the group. I obtained some very poor photos of which the best ones are posted here: https://www.flickr.com/photos/32555011@N03/ <https://www.flickr.com/photos/32555011@N03/>

Thanks!
Claire Kluskens
Alexandria/Fairfax Co.