Date: 3/27/17 12:11 pm
From: Bobbi <b.reichwein...>
Subject: [MDBirding] Re: Chan Robbins' memorial service
On Monday, March 27, 2017 at 1:41:45 PM UTC-4, Harry Armistead wrote:
> I've lost the details and none of the 8 messages I still have give them.  Can someone please restate them?  I do remember, I think, that it is at Methodist church in Laurel, Sat. before Easter, April 15.  ?  Time, address?  Thanks. - Harry Armistead.

Jane Fallon posted this:

It is with sadness that we report that Chandler Robbins, our world famous ornithologist, passed away on Monday March 20th. He was a member of the Patuxent Bird Club since its beginning and a founder of MOS.

Attached is a link to a tribute from the National Audubon Society http://www.audubon.org/news/in-memory-chandler-s-robbins.

His obituary appeared in the Washington Post earlier this week: https://www.washingtonpost.com/national/health-science/chandler-robbins-friend-to-birds-and-birdwatchers-dies-at-98/2017/03/23/d7c331b0-0f44-11e7-9b0d-d27c98455440_story.html?utm_term=.f7b9325e21e0

There will be a memorial service on April 15 at the First United Methodist Church in Laurel. Details will be announced later. Also a Life Celebration is being planned by the Patuxent Wildlife Research Center where Chan worked for 70 Years, date to be announced.

Bobbi Reichwein
Davidsonville, MD