Date: 3/25/17 7:30 pm
From: John Winebrenner <in-bird-l...>
Subject: [IN-BIRD-L] Pisgah Marsh/Tri-County FWA
       With a predicted 70% chance of rain, I thought for sure that today's field trip was going to be a washout. But, with only a short lived light rain, nine members of Stockbridge Audubon Society enjoyed a great day birding parts of Noble, Whitley, and Kosciusko Counties. Among our total of 55 species throughout the day, we tallied fourteen species of waterfowl, some of them in very high numbers. We only covered a little more than half of the area that we intended to cover, because we were just seeing too many birds at many of our stops ... Man, I HATE when that happens!   Field trip leaders/Ed Powers, John Winebrenner
Our lists:
Pisgah Marsh - 32 species
Canada Goose  12
Mute Swan  2
Gadwall  45
American Black Duck  1
Mallard  5
Northern Shoveler  9
Great Blue Heron  2
Turkey Vulture  4
American Coot  1
Sandhill Crane  15
Killdeer  2
Mourning Dove  2
Belted Kingfisher  1
Red-headed Woodpecker  1
Red-bellied Woodpecker  4
Downy Woodpecker  1
Eastern Phoebe  5
Blue Jay  2
American Crow  4
Black-capped Chickadee  2
White-breasted Nuthatch  1
Carolina Wren  1
Golden-crowned Kinglet  3
Ruby-crowned Kinglet  2
American Robin  7
European Starling  6
American Tree Sparrow  1
Field Sparrow  1
Song Sparrow  3
Northern Cardinal  3
Red-winged Blackbird  20
Common Grackle  2
Tri-County FWA - 45 species
Canada Goose  27
Mute Swan  1
Wood Duck  6
Gadwall  4
American Wigeon  1
Blue-winged Teal  1
Northern Shoveler  7
Green-winged Teal  27
Ring-necked Duck  510    Very high count, mostly all in one pond. Seen well by all participants through three different scopes.
Lesser Scaup  2
Bufflehead  6
Hooded Merganser  19
Wild Turkey  16    These were actually just south of the FWA property.
Common Loon  1    Heard only
Pied-billed Grebe  3
Great Blue Heron  3
Turkey Vulture  18
Red-shouldered Hawk  2
Red-tailed Hawk  2
Sandhill Crane  4
Killdeer  5
Mourning Dove  4
Belted Kingfisher  1
Red-bellied Woodpecker  2
Downy Woodpecker  3
Northern Flicker  2
Blue Jay  4
American Crow  6
Tree Swallow  12
Black-capped Chickadee  3
Tufted Titmouse  4
White-breasted Nuthatch  2
Carolina Wren  1
Eastern Bluebird  2
American Robin  9
European Starling  6
Chipping Sparrow  1    Singing
Field Sparrow  1    Singing
Song Sparrow  10
Northern Cardinal  12
Red-winged Blackbird  100
Common Grackle  4
Brown-headed Cowbird  1
House Finch  3
House Sparrow  15
Also seen along the way -
Red-tailed Hawk  4Rock Pigeon  2Belted Kingfisher  1American Kestrel  3
John WinebrennerFort Wayne

Join us on Facebook!