Date: 3/20/17 6:21 pm
From: Glenn <000001214b3fcb01-dmarc-request...>
Subject: Sprague's Pipit at Bald Knob
The highlight of today's trip to Bald Knob NWR is a Sprague's Pipit.  According to eBird, one hasn't been sighted there before.  Someone asked me to post the location.  It was 35.2664 by -91.5710, I got that from Google Maps.  Here is a list of what we saw there today.
Sprague's Pipit - 1Bufflehead - 2Brown Thrasher - 1Downy Woodpecker - 1Pintail - 1Redwinged Blackbird - 40Western Meadowlark - 2Eastern Meadowlark - 12American Robin - 20Killdeer - 6American Crow - 5Red-tailed Hawk - 1Tufted Titmouse - 2Eastern Bluebird - 5Pied-billed Grebe - 4Blue Jay - 4Carolina Chickadee - 4Savannah Sparrow - 6Northern Flicker - 1Greater Yellowlegs - 18Lesser Yellowlegs - 4UI Yellowlegs - 200Wilson's Snipe - 1Northern Shoveler - 500Great Blue Heron - 9Northern Harrier - 3Yellow-rumped Warbler - 4American Coot - 40Bald Eagle - 2Red-bellied Woodpecker - 1Turkey Vulture - 3Pectoral Sandpiper - 35Northern Cardinal - 3Eastern Towhee - 1 maleAmerican Kestrel - 1Brown-headed Cowbird - 1UI Dowitcher - 11Great Egret - 11Mallard - 2Blue-winged Teal - 67American White Pelicans - 45Green-winged Teal - 26Northern Mockingbird - 1Rusty Blackbird - 1Song Sparrow - 1
Just east of Bald Knob NWR on Bennet Road we saw 50 plus Golden Plovers.
Glenn WyattCabot

Join us on Facebook!