Date: 3/20/17 1:05 pm
From: matt V. <fickity...>
Subject: [AZNMbirds] Yuma - Tumacacori - Yuma weekend
Good afternoon,

I took a weekend away from Yuma to hang out with Paul and visit the
Hawk Watch in Ron Morris County Park. We stayed at the B&B at Santa
Gertrudis Lane, and got some really great photo ops the second day.
Weekend highlights:

Aztec Feedlot, Yuma County:

A quick check on Friday heading to Tucson found FOS trio of White-faced
Ibis. Shorebird numbers were low, and most were Least Sandpipers with a
few Long-billed Dowitchers.

Proctor Road, Madera Canyon:

A pair of BLACK-CAPPED GNATCATCHERS were observed nest building
Saturday in the Proctor Road area.

Florida Canyon, Madera Canyon

Hammond's Flycatcher while searching in vain for any avian life
Saturday.

Santa Gertrudis Lane:

Excellent location to photograph Phyrruloxia, Green-tailed Towhee,
Rufous-winged Sparrow, Northern Cardinal, Gray Flycatcher, Lucy's Warbler
and butterflies. No rarities turned up.

Aztec Feedlot, Yuma County:

A Sunday re-check found a surge in Ibis numbers (15+), SOLITARY
SANDPIPER, 2 Western Sandpipers, and a Dowitcher that may be short-billed?
I am passing photos around to confirm the ID, and will post if SB.

99 degrees heralded my return to Yuma...

Matt Victoria
Mesa del Sol
Yuma, AZ 85367

My photos can be seen here: https://mattv.smugmug.com/