Date: 3/20/17 11:45 am
From: Gabriel Willow <gabrielwillow...>
Subject: [nysbirds-l] Brooklyn Black headed Gull red hook - NO
I headed down to the IKEA park by Erie Basin about 45 minutes after receiving Dennis's email. There were a few of the common gull species around, but no sign of the Black-headed in spite of someone feeding bread to the birds.

I guess it's a flighty bird...

I did notice a large flock of gulls roosting on a distant barge by the NYPD impoundment lot, perhaps it went over there for a nap? Without a scope I couldn't discern the species...

Lovely day to be by the water at least!

- Gabriel Willow

> On Mar 20, 2017, at 1:14 PM, Dennis Hrehowsik <deepseagangster...> wrote:
>
> Adult Black Headed Gull is on the abandon pier at the end of Dwight st in red hook near IKEA. Presumably continuing bird spotted at veterans pier by Julian Hough on 3/18.
>
> Dennis Hrehowsik
> Brooklyn
> --

> ARCHIVES: