Date: 3/20/17 10:58 am
Subject: [birders] Northern Shrike in back yard!
I was looking out my kitchen window at the back yard where my feeders are located.  I saw a little junco hopping around, looking for seeds.  All of a sudden, a flash of gray flew down to the ground.I could hardly believe that it was a Northern Shrike.  It quickly killed the junco and flew off with it.After 40+ years of watching birds, I've never seen a shrike, and certainly never thought I would see one in my back yard.  I live in a typically suburban neighborhood in northeast Ann Arbor.  Jeannine Hayden

Setting options from the command line is explained in the User Guide:

https://glc-lists.merit.edu/sympa/help/user User Guide
https://glc-lists.merit.edu/sympa/help/faquser FAQ

To search the archive and view jpeg images:
https://glc-lists.merit.edu/sympa/arc/birders

birders is hosted by the Great Lakes Information Network (GLIN):

http://www.glin.net

All views and opinions presented above are solely those
of the author or attributed source and do not necessarily
reflect those of GLIN or the Great Lakes Commission.