Date: 3/19/17 9:28 am
From: Steve Thiessen <stevethiessen...>
Subject: [wisb] Buena Vista

Nolan Pope and I got up to Buena Vista around 6am. We hung out on Lake Road hoping for S-e Owls, but no raptors showed up. We were on Griffith Road,at 7, and saw 4 Prairie Chickens. They were to the north ,just east of the house. Scope needed.
Then going south ,on Townline Road, we saw 11 Prairie Chickens. They were about a mile south of Cty W, on the west side ,just north of the irrigation machinery.
While there, Nolan heard a Western Meadowlark. We ended up seeing and hearing 2.
On the way home we saw 2 Whooping Cranes, in Adams County.
After we crossed the Wisconsin River, I saw a Peregrine circling above a Bald Eagle.
We took a quik side trip ,for the Mute Swans, on Cty V, at the grade. Back home by 11am. Steve Thiessen Stoughton Dane co.