Date: 3/18/17 4:59 pm
From: Josh Adams <xjoshx...>
Subject: [Tweeters] Turkey Vultures and other signs of spring
Hello Tweets,
I know there's been sporadic eBird reports for the last couple of
weeks, but I just glanced out my window and caught a kettle of four
Turkey Vultures meandering north of the Snohomish River. My FOY, and
the earliest I've ever seen them in Washington.

The world's least noticed air war is currently going on outside, with
a female Rufous Hummingbird seeming to hold off several Anna's
throughout most of the day. A male RUHU showed up briefly, but perhaps
thought he'd avoid the drama.

The Mountain Bluebird from Thursday was seen into the afternoon, going
off eBird reports, but I could not locate it by the time I got home
around 6pm. Bluebirds in migration in western Washington have been
very flighty for me, with birds literally disappearing when I looked
away for a moment on several occasions, so I was happy this male
stayed long enough for a few others to get a look.

Josh Adams
Cathcart, WA