Date: 3/18/17 2:27 pm
From: Jeff Gilligan <jeffgilligan10...>
Subject: [obol] Re: Purple Finch
Purple Finch has been the topic of discussion a number of times on OBOL in recent years. Some, such as I, believe that most of our Purple Finches (at least in NW Oregon - both in the Willamette Valley and along the coast) migrate somewhere for the winter. That a few stay in small flocks here and there does not account for the large number that breed in the subject areas. March is when they start showing up in places where they haven’t wintered, and they soon start singing, often the slow song that approximates that of Cassin’s Finch.

Jeff Gilligan
(staying out of the mid-90 degree Arizona heat)

> On Mar 18, 2017, at 1:41 PM, Brandon Green <brandon.green18...> wrote:
>
> I had four in my cherry tree this morning.
>
> Brandon
> Eugene
>
> Sent from my iPhone
> POST: Send your post to <obol...>