Date: 3/17/17 7:06 pm
From: JM Maher <jeannemariemaher...>
Subject: [NHBirds] the luck of the irish
On the way to visit friends late this afternoon in Jackson/Bartlett we were startled by the sudden flight directly in front of the car windshield on route 16 of a Black Vulture. Well seen, white wing tips, grey head, followed around corner, I climbed into snow bank in search of bird, then it flew to top of building, then it disappeared into a dumpster in the back. Tried to catch a glimpse and photo with phone when it flew up to adjacent trees, before flying away. Able to get few (bad) ID photos, but certainly didn’t expect this bird here after a heavy snowstorm in the midst of two feet of snow.

http://ebird.org/ebird/view/checklist/S35238406 <http://ebird.org/ebird/view/checklist/S35238406>

Happy St Patrick’s day!

Jeanne-Marie Maher
Nashua/Jackson NH