Date: 3/17/17 7:01 pm
From: Wink Gross <winkg...>
Subject: [obol] Pittock, NW Portland, week ending 3/15/17
Here is the summary of my morning walks from NW Seblar Terrace to the Pittock Mansion for the week 3/9 to 3/15/17. Species neither seen nor heard the previous week are in ALL CAPS.

Additional information about my walk, including an archive of weekly summaries and a checklist, may be found at http://www.hevanet.com/winkg/dogwalkpage.html <http://www.hevanet.com/winkg/dogwalkpage.html>

The sightings are also in eBird.

I did the walk 4 days this week.

Species # days found (peak #, date)

Anna’s Hummingbird 1 (2, 3/10)
Red-breasted Sapsucker 2 (4, 3/10)
Northern Flicker 4 (2)
Hutton’s Vireo 1 (1, 3/10)
Steller's Jay 4 (4)
American Crow 4 (9)
Black-capped Chickadee 4 (6, 3/15)
Chestnut-backed Chickadee 2 (3, 3/14)
Red-breasted Nuthatch 1 (1, 3/14)
PACIFIC WREN 2 (2, 3/14 & 15)
Bewick’s Wren 2 (2, 3/15)
RUBY-CROWNED KINGLET 2 (1, 3/14 & 15)
American Robin 4 (22, 3/14)
Varied Thrush 2 (2, 3/9)
European Starling 4 (8)
Dark-eyed Junco 4 (11)
Song Sparrow 4 (11)
Spotted Towhee 4 (7, 3/10)
HOUSE FINCH 1 (1, 3/14)
PURPLE FINCH 1 (1, 3/10)

Misses (birds found at least 3 days during previous 2 weeks but not found this week): Downy Woodpecker, Pileated Woodpecker, Brown Creeper, Golden-crowned Kinglet, Fox Sparrow

Wink Gross
Portland

Join us on Facebook!