Date: 3/17/17 10:24 am
From: <jacksonwrxt89...>
Subject: [NHBirds] GGOW info
I've received a lot of emails today inquiring about the GREAT GRAY OWL in Newport. While I'm happy to answer everyone's individual emails, but i thought it might be easier to put out a public post with everything I know as of now.

So far, it doesn't appear the owls been located yet today. It has been absent for much of the morning and early afternoon on previous days but seems to be reliable in the LATE AFTERNOON. I know people are getting discouraged and frustrated by not being able to find it so if you're making a long trip I would strongly recommend waiting until you'll have a ~4pm arrival for your best chance to see this bird.

As for its precise location, the bird has stayed faithful to the north end of the airport in Newport for the last week or so. It's been seen in a field that sits between Airport and Corbin Roads. Both roads are off of Route 10 a half mile or so north of the Newport High School. This field can be accessed from either Road. Don't worry about trying to find this field, Airport Road is only a few hundred feet long and ends in a parking lot so it's the field on the north side of the road. The Owl has also been seen in nearby Haserlat Park which is just across Corbin Road from the before mentioned field. There's also around a foot of snow now so tall boots are recommended.

Yesterday was the first time I saw a police presence. They were very friendly and making sure everyone is parking in a manner that doesn't disrupt traffic. With this dumping of snow we got the roads have become quite narrow. If you choose to park along Corbin Road PLEASE PARK ON ONE SIDE OF THE STREET. That way there shouldn't be any trouble with the police. There are no homes on this end of the street so no need to worry about blocking driveways, parking on lawns, etc.

I think that's every bit of useful information I can supply for everyone. I'll be going over this evening, but I know there are already folks out there looking so good luck to you all and maybe I'll see you later.

PS: Congratulations to Steve Liffmann for having one of his photos of the owl published on the front page of the Concord Monitor today!

-Dylan Jackson
Sunapee

Sent from my iPhone