Date: 3/16/17 8:21 am
From: Mark Martin <marksuemartin...>
Subject: [wisb] Re: WSO Dane and Columbia County Ponds
Hi
Goose Pond is mostly froze over but should open shortly. On Tuesday there
was a small amount of open water. A count on Tuesday found 220 greater
white-fronted geese, 47 Canada geese, 341 tundra swans, 38 mallards, 96
canvasbacks, 2 buffleheads, and 2 pairs of sandhill cranes. Kestrels are
common around Goose Pond and we saw a male harrier yesterday.
Mark and Sue Foote-Martin
Goose Pond Sanctuary
Arlington - Columbia County