Date: 3/16/17 6:04 am
From: Joseph Neal <joeneal...>
Subject: FIRST SPRING SONGS BY BROWN THRASHER
Most Brown Thrashers depart from northwest Arkansas for winter. We do usually get a few on the Fayetteville CBC , but birds that nest in my yard do not winter here. So it is always a pleasure to hear them when they start singing again. My yard is in the heavily urbanized section of Fayetteville, but I have for many years managed it as wildlife habitat, taking into account needs of wild birds like thrashers. Mid-March is the usual time for their return. A thrasher is out there this morning, singing away, with Northern Cardinals, Carolina Wrens, Northern Flickers, etc.

Join us on Facebook!