Date: 3/15/17 5:46 pm
From: Anders Peltomaa <anders.peltomaa...>
Subject: Re:[nysbirds-l] Ramble, Central Park NYC: Baker's Dozen of American Woodcocks
The line breaks in my email seem to have be have been messed up. I guess it
happened because I copied and pasted the link and messages from my
friends...

Here is the correct link to the photo if you want to see the Woodcock that
visited our Upper West Side backyard today.

https://flic.kr/p/SMM8ua

- Anders Peltomaa
Manhattan

On Wed, Mar 15, 2017 at 8:21 PM, Anders Peltomaa <anders.peltomaa...>
wrote:

> Hi all,
> Between 6:20 and 7:15pm I rallied around the Ramble and found THIRTEEN
> Woodcocks:
> 2 in the stream from Azalea to Oven,
> 5 in the Oven (thanks to Ed Gaillard for the tip of those two locations),
> 1 by rustic bridge where the Gill flows into Lake,
> 1 in the Upper Lobe,
> 4 by Triplets Bridge.
>
> Woodcock BONANZA for a birder, not sure how good they themselves were
> feeling...
>
> My wife and I saw another one in our backyard earlier in the day, of which
> I got a photo:
>
> https://flic.kr/p/SMM8ua
>
> good birding,
>
> Anders Peltomaa
> Manhattan
>
> PS. Debra Kriensky of NYC Audubon wrote on Facebook: "Between the Wild
> Bird Fund, D-Bird, and calls to NYC Audubon, there were about 30 injured or
> dead just today (that we know about). We've never seen anything like this!
> Please be on the lookout this week for ones that might be injured and in
> need of rehab/rescue!"
>
> A friend that volunteers at WBF gave me tips on how to take care of
> injured Woodcocks. Basically, if you see one that doesn't look so great
> please place it in a paper bag and bring them to the Center. Also, punch a
> couple of holes in the bag, and if possible, add terry cloth for perching.
> With such big birds, a big box is also suitable."

ARCHIVES:
3) http://birding.aba.org/maillist/NY01

http://ebird.org/content/ebird/