Date: 3/15/17 8:22 am
From: David Lipsy <dlipsy...>
Subject: [NHBirds] Rough-legged Hawk - Concord - towards NH Audubon Center.
A Roughie flew over Rt. 89 about 100 feet up, close to my approach.
Sun was behind me which gave me a perfect view of the bird and it's underside... Large dark area on underwing where a coma would be on an RTHA.  Nicely lit window panes on outer wing.  Very small beak.
A couple of flaps, then glided over highway in the direction of the NH Audubon Center.
It was in no hurry...
I turned around at exit 3 getting off at exit 2 and drove around hoping to reaquire.  Currently at Audubon scanning, no luck yet.
I am very confident in my ID.

David Lipsy
Concord, NH