Date: 3/15/17 7:51 am
From: Rick Borchelt <rborchelt...>
Subject: Re: [MDBirding] slow release, my 2 cents
I think Pat's point -- and one made well in the posted guidelines -- is
that the process of selecting who finds out and when needs to be
transparent and transparently fair. Having much experience with rare and
local butterflies along the same lines, this is easier said than done, but
having the commitment to fairness and transparency and communicating that
commitment often and widely goes a long way to soothing hurt feelings of
disenfranchisement. People need to feel they have some reasonable
expectation of being informed at some point.

--
Rick Borchelt
College Park, MD

http://leplog.wordpress.com