Date: 3/15/17 7:13 am
From: Rob Lavoie <robamyphoto...>
Subject: Re: [MASSBIRD] photos of birds - honest or "faked"?
I agree Lesley. I know many photographers that dedicated many, many hours to get those outstanding shots. I am one of them. The gear used is second to none and add in the skill of the photographer and you have the recipe for outstanding photographs. There is a small percentage that is faked out there but not most. That goes for all photography genres. I did a bluebird book in 2016 and I have over 60 hours into the photography end of it. Yes they are all real. Happy birding and shooting all.

www.flickr.com/robamyphotos

Rob
Chepachet RI

> On Mar 15, 2017, at 9:41 AM, Lesley Mattuchio <leslm...> wrote:
>

> Speaking as a serious wildlife photographer and for my peers, we not only spend 10's of thousands of dollars on our equipment to get that feather detail, but we also spend more time with a subject watching, waiting, observing behavior before getting that "perfect" shot, than a lot birders do. It is too bad that a very tiny segment of photos are doctored or "faked" , but I can assure you that as someone who has been frozen, sweated, sunburned, laid in mud, water, and spent many hours waiting that the images are the real deal as is 99% of the wildlife photographers' images you see.
>
> Lesley Mattuchio
> Melrose, MA
> https://www.flickr.com/photos/125349441@N03/

> -----Original Message----- From: Lynette Leka
> Sent: Wednesday, March 15, 2017 7:27 AM
> To: massbird
> Subject: [MASSBIRD] photos of birds - honest or "faked"?
>
> I frequently wonder about photos posted to FaceBook of a species that is difficult to see, much less photograph - sitting out there in the open, perfectly posed, perfect lighting, beautiful ambience, every feather discernible
>
> I'm sure most nature photographers are extremely skilled, patient, and work diligently to get spectacular shots - but then there's PhotoShop...

Join us on Facebook!