Date: 3/14/17 7:28 pm
From: Jane Kostenko <jkostenko...>
Subject: [MDBirding] RE: Rare Birds: Let's All Take a Deep Breath
Thanks, Kurt, for reminding folks that hosting a rare bird is never easy nor straight forward. There is often more to a story than we know and this is a classic case of several well-meaning people getting caught up in the changing wishes of the bird's host; everyone involved had the homeowner's comfort/happiness and the bird's well-being as driving factors in their actions, while also wanting to share this remarkable find with other MD birders.

Through a bizarre series of events, I have been in contact with the homeowner of the Painted Bunting throughout and he emailed me this evening to explain and confirm that he had given David Fleishmann and other birders permission to tell more birders about the bunting. The homeowner went on to say that David had not done anything wrong by doing this.

Good luck to those who try for the bird this weekend!

Jane Kostenko
<jkostenko...>
California, MD