Date: 3/14/17 4:28 pm
From: Judy & Don <9waterfall9...>
Subject: Re: Yard questions
Sally Jo and All,

I am glad you have had good experiences and observed beneficial programs offered by the extension services. My reference was based on information I recently received from a NRCS/USDA staffer who told me they were still actively planting introduced invasives such as sericea lespedeza and fescue, but that they will not assist with efforts to eradicate the plants.
So, my apologies if I was misinformed.

Judith

On Mar 14, 2017, at 5:55 PM, Sally Jo Gibson <sjogibson...> wrote:

> Thanks, Karen. I am a huge supporter of UAEX as my husband retired from that entity after 37 years with them. My son-in-law is director of the UA research station at Bethesda. I'm also aware of a lot of beneficial programs that take place through UA that the public is unaware of.
> I'm still birding and make/keep my yard as bird friendly as possible. And spend lots of money on bird seed and yard upkeep. (Too old to do it myself, anymore.) I’ve even bought and paid someone to plant Crepe Myrtle, Euonymus (sp?) and Nanina’s. Then, when I discovered these plants weren’t “for the birds,” paid someone to remove them.
> There are people on this site with more than one opinion. I sometimes get the feeling that if you don’t agree with certain people who post on ARBIrd, that you may suddenly find yourself one of those who the “sanctified” want removed.
> I'll stay off my individual soap box on here from now on.
> Sally Jo Gibson

Join us on Facebook!