Date: 3/14/17 3:57 pm
From: Matt Wetrich <go_tweeting...>
Subject: [ia-bird] Swan Lake SP Long-tailed Duck

Birders,

The female Long-tailed Duck that I first reported February 1st continues. I assume she has been around this entire time, as I have seen her from time to time, making it at least 42 days being present.

The expected diversity of waterfowl is also being seen, nearing 20 species right now. Swan Lake State Park is just southeast of the city of Carroll in Carroll County.

Dunbar Slough, in western Greene County appears to have at least one active Canda Goose nest, based on behavior.

Bird on!

Matt Wetrich
Jefferson, Greene County
<go_tweeting...>