Date: 3/14/17 3:55 pm
From: Nancy Felker <felker.nancy...>
Subject: Re: Yard questions
Going back to Jonathan's original question, what other reference book would someone recommend besides Carl Hunter. I have done the same thing with my yard years ago stopping yard service. So much comes up that is not native such as dandelion, purple dead nettle, and clover it is hard to know what to pull out. I mow high and let whatever green grow. I do enjoy moss.
Nancy
Fayetteville

Sent from my iPhone

> On Mar 14, 2017, at 1:17 PM, Mary Ann King <office...> wrote:
>
> Janet Carson has done a lot in Arkansas & yes, she will only speak of natives when asked. I certainly wasn’t disparaging her knowledge. And I didn’t mean she endorsed Bradford pears – when I spoke of the Bradford pears, I was only using it as an example of the perils of planting invasive species. I’d just like to see her not suggesting using invasives at all. I don’t have a problem with her recommending most non natives –
>
> We have way too many invasive species that are being sold -
>
> MaryAnn King
> In the pine woods northwest of London

Join us on Facebook!