Date: 3/14/17 2:08 pm
From: 'Andrew Clemens' via Maryland & DC Birding <mdbirding...>
Subject: Re: [MDBirding] Slow release
Interesting.  Are there people who officially tasked with "slow release" or did they task themselves?  What does "slow release" mean?   Who is it "slow released" to?   Who decides that and how is it decided?   My understanding is that the bird has been around since early January and the intention was to release the location after the bird was gone.  Understand, I am NOT being critical but only seeking information.With this said...I have been to the location and it is a very small area and the parking is very small.  A crowd would quickly overwhelm the bird, the homeowner and the parking.   AND this IS a bird that many would have traveled to see.
Andy

On Tuesday, March 14, 2017 4:22 PM, Nancy Magnusson <magnunc...> wrote:

My two cents. There are very good reasons for slow release. Two of these are: the bird and the property owners. Those tasked with handling slow releases have a thankless job in a no-win (for them) situation.
Nancy Magnusson
Howard County