Date: 3/14/17 1:16 pm
From: Beverly Propen via CTBirds <ctbirds...>
Subject: [CT Birds] Orange backyard birds in storm
3/14 Orange backyard . We got about 10-12:.
My pleasure today has been constantly refilling my feeders and watching the
birds.
My husband suggested putting another thistle feeder out since our
goldfinches are waiting in the trees for their turn at the feeder with 8
perches. I found a sock feeder which I filled....and there are now at
least 20 goldfinches feeding. the one song sparrow that has been here all
winter, got joined by another one. And the numbers of common Grackles, and
starlings have obviously grown. Dark eyed juncos are everywhere too. This
is in adition to the regular visitors. Between thistle, mixed seed, suet,
bread, cookies , raisins and dried meal worms, the birds have a nice spread.
Two robins only appeared to eat some snow, but there are the raisins and
mealworms so I hope they find them.
Enjoy the snow.
Bev Propen, Orange