Date: 3/14/17 11:01 am
From: Hugh David Fleischmann <david...>
Subject: Re: [MDBirding] Re: Painted Bunting in Harford
To my birding friends. I am being forced to respond to this nonsense. I
am going to make one and only one response. As i am the no named
birder Josh speaks of, let me set the record straight. There was no
issue with people seeing this bird, or posting pictures to Facebook.
The homeowners want more people to enjoy this bird, before it leaves.
They dont want it on secret lock down. They enjoy the people and the
excitement surrounding having a rarity at their house. This is an
exact quote from the homeowner:
"yea, please tell as many people as you like, we aren't worried about
the number of birders, as long as they know the whole parking deal,
lol."

I am only sorry that one person (no names here) had the control over
who had the pleasure of seeing this bird since January 27th. They only
care that people park correctly so as to not disturb the neighbors
property. I hope all get to enjoy. The homeowners are incredibly
generous people. Anyone that goes should consider taking a token of
bird seed or suet, to show your appreciation. I'm done and thanks for
listening to my response. I won't have my good name besmerched by
alternate facts!
Contact Josh for access info or you are welcome to contact me. Have a
great spring 😎 day.
Awesome Birding in 2017!

Hugh David Fleischmann
410-598-9292
<david...>
On Mar 14, 2017 12:52 PM, 'Andrew Clemens' via Maryland & DC Birding
<mdbirding...> wrote:

There are also photographers who did NOT post this to facebook
after they photographed it. PLEASE do NOT make this
photographers vs birders. Some of us love both and CAN keep
locations quiet!
Andy

On Tuesday, March 14, 2017 9:59 AM, Warblerick
<ricksussman1955...> wrote:

On Monday, March 13, 2017 at 10:09:48 PM UTC-4, Josh Emm wrote:
> All,
> There's currently an adult male Painted Bunting coming to a
feeder in Aberdeen, MD. The presence of this bird was originally
slow release because of the super limited parking situation and
the homeowner's uncertainty as to how many people would come see
it. But because a certain (no names here) "birder" (term used
lightly) decided to take it upon them self to put it all over
Facebook, I figure now is as good a time as any to open it up to
the whole list serv. If you're interested, please shoot me an
email apistopanchax AT gmail.com
> Good birding
> Josh Emm
> HdG, MD
>
> Sent from my iPhone

There does seem to be an ever increasing clique of
bird-photographers in Maryland. Each trying to out-do the next,
and not very good at keeping a bird location to themselves. Once
one has posted a picture to FB, then they all start posting.

Rick Sussman
Woodbine, MD

Google Group 'Maryland & DC Birding'.
To view group guidelines or change email preferences, visit this
group on the web at http://www.mdbirding.com
Unfamiliar with a hotspot mentioned on this list? Quickly locate
it here - http://www.mdbirding.com/hotspot.html

Google Group 'Maryland & DC Birding'.
To view group guidelines or change email preferences, visit this
group on the web at http://www.mdbirding.com
Unfamiliar with a hotspot mentioned on this list? Quickly locate
it here - http://www.mdbirding.com/hotspot.html

Group 'Maryland & DC Birding'.
To view group guidelines or change email preferences, visit this group
on the web at http://www.mdbirding.com
Unfamiliar with a hotspot mentioned on this list? Quickly locate it
here - http://www.mdbirding.com/hotspot.html

Join us on Facebook!