Date: 3/14/17 8:01 am
From: Bruce M. Bowman <bbowman99...>
Subject: [birders] IVORY GULL found dead
I posted this information twice yesterday mid afternoon from an
Arby's in Flint, but as far as I can see it did not get to the lists.

Joe Prochaska and I drove to Flint yesterday to try for the Ivory
Gull. After watching for it for probably an hour and a half we were
greeted by a U-M Flint grounds maintenance person. He told us that
mid late morning two birders had found the Ivory Gull dead. It
showed no sign of injury, so one can reasonably speculate that the
bird was ill. He did not know the names of the birders but said that
there were certain of their ID and that they intended to donate it to
a collection. As this was at U-M Flint it seems most appropriate to
donate the bird to the Bird Division, UMMZ, Ann Arbor. Anyone who
knows where the bird is now or the names of the birders who found it,
please contact Janet Hinshaw at the U of M. Janet's email address is
<jhinshaw...> Her phone number is 734-764-0457.

Bruce

Setting options from the command line is explained in the User Guide:

https://glc-lists.merit.edu/sympa/help/user User Guide
https://glc-lists.merit.edu/sympa/help/faquser FAQ

To search the archive and view jpeg images:
https://glc-lists.merit.edu/sympa/arc/birders

birders is hosted by the Great Lakes Information Network (GLIN):

http://www.glin.net

All views and opinions presented above are solely those
of the author or attributed source and do not necessarily
reflect those of GLIN or the Great Lakes Commission.