Date: 3/13/17 2:08 pm
From: Scott Seltman <sselt...>
Subject: Re: Western Ks. Fires
I'm in Hodgeman County and just drove past 3 houses burned to the ground NE of Jetmore. I hadn't even read about this in the news, but I guess the scope of the fires has been so large that newspapers and TV are overwhelmed.

Nothing much birdwise to report. My FOS PB Grebe at Jetmore City Lake just now.

Scott Seltman
Larned Kansas

ok_forbs <ok_forbs...> wrote:

>In Sunday's Wichita Eagle newspaper, there was a very good article about the aftermath of the fires; by Michael Pearce.
>
>I was surprised to learn 1,000's of live stock were killed along with many coyotes and deer.
>
>A quote from the article says:
>"This year's fire was so fast and ferocious it seemed to simply annihilate all kinds of life."
>
>The article link is:
>http://www.kansas.com/sports/outdoors/michael-pearce/article137959668.html
>

>Eddie Stegall
><Ok_Forbs...>
>Wichita, Ks.
>
>For KSBIRD-L archives or to change your subscription options, go to
>https://listserv.ksu.edu/ksbird-l.html
>For KSBIRD-L guidelines go to
>http://www.ksbirds.org/KSBIRD-LGuidelines.htm
>To contact a listowner, send a message to
>mailto:<ksbird-l-request...>

https://listserv.ksu.edu/ksbird-l.html
For KSBIRD-L guidelines go to
mailto:<ksbird-l-request...>